Thursday, December 31, 2015

#MTBoS12Days: A Book I've Read, A Book I'm Reading, A Book I Want to Read


I recently graduated with my master's degree, which, coupled with teaching full time, left really little time for reading for pleasure. However, I have recently had the time to pick up reading for pleasure.

A Book I've Read: Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani
  • There are a few reasons why I read this book. I went with my girlfriend, mom, and grandma to see the movie Big Stone Gap, which starred Ashley Judd, Whoopi Goldberg, and Jane Krakowski, as well as Anthony LaPaglia and Jenna Elfman, back in the fall. The book is about a lady who lives in Big Stone Gap, Virginia in the late 1970s who finds out a secret about her life and struggles to make sense of her life. I know it's a total chick book/flick, but as I stated, there are several reasons why I read this book. The first reason is that my grandma grew up in Big Stone Gap, VA, and my great grandparents lived there. I often remember riding with my grandma to Big Stone Gap when I was little. BSG which was an hour and 15 minutes from where I grew up. I also wanted to read the book because we went to see the movie, which was also filmed in BSG, so there were several places in the movie I remember from all the times we went up there. So, that was really neat. I liked the movie, but, I definitely enjoyed the book better. I recommend! 

A Book I'm Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time by Mark Haddon 
  • I had heard of the Broadway play when I was in New York City, so when I saw this book at our school book fair, I just knew that I had to read it. It's about a boy, who is probably either highly functioning autistic or Asperger's, who sees his neighbor's dog has died, and he is determined to find out who killed the dog. There are some other plot twists, but I don't want to be one of those people who ruins a book. I recommend! 

A Book I Want to Read: Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee 
  • I didn't get the chance in late summer to read this. School here in east TN starts back for teachers in late July, and I was on vacation until basically school started. However, I noticed it was in the library a couple of weeks ago, so I am going to go check out a copy when we go back to school. 

1 comment:

  1. I too have read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. Great book! Love how the chapters are denoted w/ prime numbers.

    ReplyDelete

Edulastic Extravaganza Contest!

Hello All, As you may or may not know, I am a member of the Edulastic Innovator Team. Edulastic is featuring a Edulastic Extravaganza Cont...